Peak Pass protection
Protect your season FOR $30 MORE
This protection plan provides you with a guaranteed refund or replacement of your Peak Pass Season Pass for the following season if you are unable to use your pass for one of the following reasons:
- Injury or Illness
- Relocation by Employer
- Military Deployment
- Death of Immediate Family Member / Sole Caregiver
See descriptions below for each bullet point reason.
prior to the season
For a situation in which you wish to file a claim to cancel your season pass prior to the start of your “home mountain’s” ski season, we will reimburse the full cost of your season pass if you’re unable to use it for the upcoming winter season due to one of the reasons listed above. You may also opt for a credit option whereas a credit would be issued in your name for a season pass for the following ski season (18/19) for the same level of pass even if the pass price goes up.
For a situation in which you wish to file a claim to cancel your pass after the ski season begins, we will reimburse the cost of your pass based on the schedule of proration below:
- Pass Refund Requested prior to 12/15/17
- 80% refund of price paid for pass or roll over of pass to 2018/2019 season
- Pass Refund Requested between 12/16/17-1/15/18
- 60% refund of price paid for pass roll over of pass to 2018/2019 season
- Pass Refund Requested between 1/16-2/19/18
- 40% refund of price paid for pass
- No roll over option
- Pass Refund Requested between 2/20 – 2/28/18
- 20% refund of price paid for pass
- No roll over option
- March 1 & beyond
- No Refunds
If you decline the Pass Protection, you will not be eligible for a refund or a credit rollover of any kind and understand that passes are non-transferable.
Pass Protection should be purchased at the time of purchase of your Peak Pass. It can be added within 30 days after the purchase if you wish to think it over. Those looking to add after purchase MUST CALL 800-927-8899 to add within the 30 day window. After October 18, 2017 Peak Pass Protection must be purchased at the time of Season Pass purchase.
COVERABLE REASONS EXPLAINED
- Passholder’s injury or illness must be so disabling that the insured individual can no longer ski/snowboard as certified by a physician at the time of sickness or injury.
- Passholder is pregnant or childbirth occurs after the effective date of Protective Plan.
- Documentation of illness/injury/pregnancy must be provided.
RELOCATION BY EMPLOYER
- Passholder has been relocated to a new work location at least 100 miles away from Passholders “home mountain” per their employer.
- Passholder must be an active employee for the same employer for at least one year.
- Documentation of employer directed relocation must be provided
- Passholder was called into active duty for the duration of winter season.
- Military documentation of deployment or military leave reassignment must be provided.
DEATH/TERMINAL ILLNESS OF IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER
- Passholder’s immediate family member’s condition must be life-threatening/terminal as certified by a physician and medical documentation must state that family member requires the Passholder’ s care.
- Death of Passholder's immediate family member occurs during the season for which the pass was purchased.
- Immediate family member consists of spouse, siblings, children, or parents.
- Documentation must be provided.